Senior Commercial Lines Account Manager
Senior Commercial Lines Account Manager
At BXS Insurance we are more than just a workplace. We are a company that prides itself on values and the people that we employ. From defined career paths and 1:1 career coaching, to in-office activities and celebrations, BXS Insurance is a place where you can continuously grow as a professional while also having fun with your colleagues.
If interested, please click on this link to apply. https://career8.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=172664&company=2203091P
We offer YOU:
Excellent benefits package that includes 4 medical plans, 2 dental plans, vision, and additional company paid and voluntary ancillary coverages
Superior retirement savings plans that include both a 401(k) & pension plan
Awesome PTO that includes an accrual of up to 3 weeks vacation, 12 sick days, and 11 holidays
Flexible work arrangements including hybrid remote work and flex time
Innovative training opportunities
Outstanding Career Development
Primary Function: The Senior Commercial Lines Account Manager is responsible for the delivery of exceptional service to our commercial property and casualty clients. With the producer, this position manages the clients exposure to risk and coordinates services for the development, retention and rounding of accounts. Typically assigned to the largest and/or most complex clients. May assist in preparing RFP responses. Typically reports to a department manager.
- Functions independently to inform and educate, answer questions, resolve issues, and makes decisions regarding the need for the implementation of coverage and modifications to clients’ coverages.
- Provides exceptional customer service for assigned accounts, including correspondence, communication and meetings with customers, producers and insurance carriers.
- Independently, or in partnership with producer(s) and marketing, manages new/renewal business strategy including the coordination of roles and the obtaining of information.
- Markets new and renewal business to appropriate carriers as needed or requested, including preparing complete marketing submissions to the marketing department.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date data in agency management system according to agency workflows.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals as needed for account review according to agency workflows.
- Verifies new and renewal policies for accuracy in rating, coverages and other relevant information. Inputs transactions to generate billing invoices. Ensures that policies are delivered and/or mailed to client in a timely manner.
- Coordinates clients’ needs with the support team regarding the issuance of binders, certificates and evidence of property.
- Pursues prompt client payment in coordination with the producer. Requests cancellations from the carrier according to agency workflows.
- Develops strong positive client relationships by being the point of contact for assigned clients, maintaining open lines of communication, and conducting face-to-face meetings as needed.
- Interacts with others effectively and professionally by utilizing good communications skills, cooperating purposefully, and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology.
- Provides guidance and direction to account associates and less experienced account managers as needed.
- Overtime work, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required
- Appropriate active Property & Casualty license required
- CIC or equivalent designation required
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel and/or G Suite products including Gmail, Docs word processing, Sheets and Drive cloud storage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with numbers including basic calculations
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Projects professional appearance and manner
- Self-starter with the ability to be flexible
- High attention to detail
- Typically has up to 7+ years of account management experience
- Expert working knowledge of insurance brokerage industry including products, rating, underwriting, coverages and industry operations
- Must be able to communicate effectively with clients, producers, carriers and staff
- Ability to stand or sit at a workstation during a standard workday
- Ability to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and printer
- Ability to move about the office to access office machinery and supplies
- Ability to work and meet challenging deadlines and expectations
- Job entails meticulous attention to detail. Must perform well with frequent interruptions or distractions
- Ability to quickly adjust priorities, focus and direction as circumstances dictates
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Customer Service