Senior Personal Lines Account Manager
Senior Personal Lines Account Manager
Here at BXS Insurance, we build careers!
We appreciate that our employees are our most valuable resource and are what makes us a great place to work. We are proud of our collaborative team culture, and we continue to build it with people just like YOU.
Our commitment to YOU
BXS Insurance will never underestimate the role of an Account Manager. When BXS Insurance leaders are asked to list the major strengths of our agency, our quality of service to the client is at the very top, and our Account Managers are the foundation of that service. As we grow, a top priority for BXS Insurance is to hire and retain great Account Managers.
If interested, please click on this link to apply. https://career8.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=171720&company=2203091P
We offer YOU:
Excellent benefits package that includes 4 medical plans, 2 dental plans, vision, and additional company paid and voluntary ancillary coverages
Superior retirement savings plans that include both a 401(k) & pension plan
Awesome PTO that includes an accrual of up to 3 weeks vacation, 12 sick days, and 11 holidays
Flexible work arrangements including hybrid remote work and flex time
Innovative training opportunities
Outstanding Career Development Program
Primary Function: The Senior Personal Lines Account Manager is responsible for the delivery of exceptional service to our personal lines property and casualty clients. This position manages the clients exposure to risk and coordinates services for the development, retention and rounding of accounts. Typically assigned to the largest and/or most complex clients. May assist in preparing RFP responses. Typically reports to a department manager.
- Functions independently to inform and educate, answer questions, resolve issues, and make decisions regarding the need for the implementation of coverage and modifications to clients’ coverages.
- Provides exceptional customer service for assigned accounts, including correspondence and communication with customers, producers and insurance carriers.
- Independently, or in partnership with producer(s) and marketing, manages new/renewal business strategy including the coordination of roles and the obtaining of information.
- Markets new and renewal business to appropriate carriers as needed or requested.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date data in agency management system according to agency workflows.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules, and proposals as needed for account review according to agency workflows.
- Verifies new and renewal policies for accuracy in rating, coverages, and other relevant information. Inputs transactions to generate billing invoices. Ensures that policies are delivered and/or mailed to clients in a timely manner.
- Coordinates clients’ needs with the support team regarding the issuance of binders and evidence of property.
- Pursues prompt client payment in coordination with the producer. Requests cancellations from the carrier according to agency workflows.
- Develops strong positive client relationships by being the point of contact for assigned clients, maintaining open lines of communication, and conducting face-to-face meetings as needed.
- Interacts with others effectively and professionally by utilizing good communications skills, cooperating purposefully, and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology.
- Provides guidance and direction to account associates and less experienced account managers as needed.
- Overtime work, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required
- Appropriate active Property & Casualty license required
- CIC or equivalent designation
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with numbers including basic calculations
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Projects professional appearance and manner
- Self-starter with the ability to be flexible
- High attention to detail
- Typically has up to 7+ years of account management experience
- Excellent working knowledge of insurance brokerage industry including products, rating, underwriting, coverages and industry operations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with clients, producers, carriers and staff
- Ability to stand or sit at a workstation during a standard workday
- Ability to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and printer
- Ability to move about the office to access office machinery and supplies
- Ability to work and meet challenging deadlines and expectations
- Job entails meticulous attention to detail. Must perform well with frequent interruptions or distractions.
- Ability to quickly adjust priorities, focus and direction as circumstances dictates
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal nondiscrimination laws.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Customer Service